Hey Nick, I did consider that and hope to still visit it.  I chose to
scrape instead because the output requires only minimal alteration to
achieve the desired result. Example code expansion is rewritten to not
require JavaScript by using <details> and <summary> and not much more.
Large changes to output from the godoc tool can certainly break
godoc-static in its current state.  Assistance with exploring generating
similar output without using godoc would be appreciated.