I actually remember another actual example of a code that does non-trivial
work and is written in multiple languages:
https://github.com/ixy-languages/ixy-languages

It's pretty clear that C or Rust still easily beat any GC-based language.
Go and C# come close because the code for the driver utilizes pooling and
value-based programming.