I prefer the clarity of the current syntax. What is the obsession with LOC.

>I would further suggest f ?= os.os.Open("filename.ext") :
>log.fatal("Cant
>open filename.ext")
>But the GO 'custodians' get apoplexy whenever they see any syntax that
>resembles the C ternary operator.
>Chill-out 'custodians' !!

I never realised, Thank you custodians! I have always hated ternary one liners.
Much as I dislike needless methods and structs and especially putting too much
into a go one liner with embedded functions that need extra
consideration/concentration before moving on.