Microsoft stopped supporting XP in 2006. This meant XP machines stopped
getting security updates.
The following year the WannaCry trojan infected 200,000 XP computers
globally, including 80,000 in Britain's
National Health Service (including some MRI machines). This caused a major
crisis in hospitals, the cancellation
of all non-urgent procedures and the reversion to manual methods of
administration. This attack cost the NHS
over £80 million. Nobody has ever estimated the impact on patient outcome.

There are many ways could try to "help" Dimitrios find ways to run modern
Go code on XP, and help him
extend the lifetime of his fleet of XP machines. But this would keep his
organisation vulnerable to the next
WannaCry attack. So I would suggest the most useful response is "don't do
it".