Is there anyone who dislike's this proposal able to describe an acceptable
implementation of gettext in GO? The concept is simple. Convert a message
into another language including date, numbers, day of week, and plurals.

The current gettext:
1. is a CPU hog and intolerable for a large number of messages.
2. is not simple for a beginner.
3. has utilities that must be run (think go generate)

The question is: what does message translation look like for GO (even if
it's not GNU gettext compatible)?

Everyone should "like" proposal
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/37292 because
compile time language is indispensable in compilers with this feature. I've
personally developed many API's using this feature. My partial
implementation of gettext is 700 lines plus a couple hundred lines for the
various conversions (e.g. date formats) in other modules. A full
implementation would be a couple thousand lines at most. By comparison,
gettext is 115MB with 1500 files.

We are so accustomed to bloated and labor intensive API's, that no one
thinks it's a bad thing. A compile time language creates better and more
readable code when used properly.

Jon.