In the Go tour at https://tour.golang.org/methods/19 it says

  The error type is a built-in interface similar to fmt.Stringer:

The words closest to "similar to" are "built-in interface", implying
that the way error is similar to fmt.Stringer is that it is a built-in
interface, which it clearly isn't.  I would be surprised if this is not
a source of confusion to a significant number of programmers who are new
to go and using the tour to get acquainted.

A much better wording would be

  The error type is a built-in interface; its definition is similar to
  fmt.Stringer:

I don't have a github account, so I can't send feedback using the
feedback button on the page.

...Marvin