Kurtis,

   Thanks... that 'Cheat Engine' is the correct one.  Basically, what I am
doing is creating a simple service that watches for a particular process (a
game, in this instance) and 'monitors' certain values (such as life levels,
mana levels, etc.).  If my health in the game is low, it simply plays an
audio file that let's me know to drink a potion, etc.  I'm not needing to
write any values to memory (like a bot would actually do)... just be able
to read them.