On Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 7:57:23 PM UTC+2, shammah Zealsham Agwor wrote:

> I have been programming since 2016 but I have never really dived deep into
> any language and haven't got a job with any . I decided to change all that
> and focus with every soul in me on golang. But I have my fear as every go
> job I have seen are looking for senior developers. And from what I noticed
> in big corps and small ones alike ,people writing go there are senior who
> wants to port existing large scale system to go . I'm afraid I'll never be
> able to get an entry job with it and all my hard work will be a waste and
> I'll have to put in such efforts again into another language . Should I
> still go for it . I've been learning it for months now and I'm scared.

The good news is we are lucky to be able to learn new things, the bad news
food and shelter cost money. The purpose of any language is to communicate
with others that's it, nothing more. So the question always comes down to
how long can you survive without food before you can convince others you
speak their language. I am in the same boat and yes it sucks nobody can
promise you anything but I much rather live a life of hunger then a life of
regret.