I have seen a ticket on this topic (or something related to it) on Github
but I thought I would ask this community first:

In first instance, I got "suspect or: role != admin || role != superadmin"
In the second instance, it works just fine.  I have verified that role is
string type (with %T verb).

since role can be admin, superadmin, or anything else for that matter, why
would the first case generate the suspect message, and the second case
works fine.

I am running go version go1.13.4 darwin/amd64 on a Mac

First Instance:

const (
 admin      = "admin"
 superadmin = "superadmin"
)

invalidRole := role != admin || role != superadmin

Second instance:

const (
 admin      = "admin"
 superadmin = "superadmin"
)

validRole := role == admin || role == superadmin