I think long years of experience has shown that this is not the case.
This argument is made frequently and amounts to "let's just ignore the
issues and hope they go away because they only affect a minority among
us". This is one of the reasons for the lack of diversity in this
industry (at least within the United States, I certainly can't speak for
everywhere else).

—Sam