I, like many others, am not fond of all the parenthesis, particularly at call
sites. I think at definition sites, it's not so bad. It seems like the only
objection to < and > are the complexity it adds for parsing. It also seems like
the only place it adds ambiguity is at call or enstantiation sites. So what if
we used .<? E.G. instead of Print(string)(stringSlice) we would do
Print.<string>(stringSlice) I think definitions could just swap ()  for < > for
generic type parameters, without the dot.
Aside from that, and wishing that the proposal specified that generics would
all be resolved at compile time rather than at run time, I'm really loving this!

Thanks for all the hard work!

Aaron

--
This message was sent from a mobile device