I tend to do it too, because at some point I often find that I might as
well create packages (internal or not) from some of the functionality. For
example, my latest little tool wraps some AWS functionality with
pretty-printing and progress bars, and I suspect I may find use for those
in other programs later. I write comments and exportable funcs no matter
what.

And like Axel Wagner implied, team consistency is important too. If there
isn't a linter which could help enforce a policy, that's an idea for a tool
I'd useā€¦