On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 23:30, Robert Engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Your network is setup wrong... if you are relying on a router to enforce
> ttl decrement for security. You can more easily prevent IP spoofing on the
> local net (or at the router) and then just verify the IP network portion is
> correct. Easier with a simple IP table rather than doing it in user space.

Robert,

I'm a network engineer by trade, I use TTL security (through GTSM) on a
regular basis with BGP. This code would be running on a white box switch
that would be connected to a central concentrator.

I'm open to suggestions for alternative ways of preventing that connection
from being DoSed.

Matthew Walster