On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 9:30 AM <frederik.z...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The package name "constraints" is quite a mouthful to read:
>
>   func Min[Elem constraints.Ordered](s []Elem) Elem {}
>
> Did you consider other package names like "is"?
>
>   func Min[Elem is.Ordered](s []Elem) Elem {}

You can always solve that with a rename:

import (
  is "constraints"
)

but you run the risk of users not knowing what the "is" package is. Also,
the name "is" doesn't follow the usual naming style of Go packages. I tend
to find such package names risky because they don't really say what they
contain. This means they become attractors of all kinds of different
functionality over time, where most of that functionality isn't belonging
in there but in separate packages. It is like declaring a package such as
"util", "misc", or "aux".

--
J.