I have a library package like this:

└── src
    └── datepackage
        └── dateutil.go

My GOPATH is set like this:

*/home/dean/src/golang/go3p:<CURRENT_DIR>*

where /home/dean/src/golang/go3p is where go get installs packages and
<CURRENT_DIR> is the directory above my src/ directory.

When I execute *go install datepackage* I get

.
├── pkg
│   └── linux_amd64
│       └── datepackage.a
└── src
    └── datepackage
        └── dateutil.go

I've also tried this with the components of the GOPATH reversed but get the
same results.  The *go install* command should be installing this package
where *go get* would install it (in the first component of my GOPATH), or
so I've been lead to believe.

Does go install only install to the PWD?  It seems to be ignoring the
GOPATH.