I updated to gopls version golang.org/x/tools/gopls v0.5.3
    golang.org/x/tools/gopls@v0.5.3
h1:C8QSrqjqaVzlVoHL1R9yWbROoOApRgI8gN1G+cHlPuw=

Since then my vim-go plugin but also if I disable vim-go and use vims
native lsp-configuration reports

Error loading workspace folders (expected 1, got 0)
failed to load view for
file:///home/john/src/gocode/src/github.com/the42/woctoa
pi: failed to get workspace configuration from client
(file:///home/john/src/goc
ode/src/github.com/the42/woctoapi): MethodNotFound

I get this for module-enabled projects and those without a go.mod file.

All my projects are within GOPATH though.

What's the issue?