To add some weight to the pro generic side - from someone who doesn’t
necessarily think Go needs them - generics and more specifically the “Java
Collections” package was a prime driver in Java’s success. Moving highly tuned
and verified implementations into the core library removed a huge burden on
developers - allowing them to focus more time on application structure/function
rather than nuts and bolts - while gaining greater “readability” as these apps
used common/well known apis as a foundation.