Apologies if this is a dumb question as I don't have a great deal of
experience with modules.

So, if I use the "go get" command to download a module, when I look in the
module cache the @v directory of the requested module contains at least one
.info file.
This isn't the case for any indirect dependencies which seem to contain
only list, list.lock and .mod files.

There must be a way to have all of the .info files downloaded to the cache
because the goland ide does this when it opens a module directlry and the
cache is empty. I just don't know what command it's using to achieve it.

So, does anyone know a command which will download all dependencies
complete with their .info files?

Thanks