I appreciate that generics use will be optional. However I am concerned  that
neither in the design draft nor the proposal issue, that the word security nor
safety has been used even once.

Assuming generics like interfaces, potentially erode type safety.

Will generics increase the likelihood of security issues, aside from panics?

Will it make package choice more important as a result?

Now for the one where I may need to duck afterwards.

How many security issues and/or production panics to date might have been
avoided by avoiding interface use all together?