Maybe you would need to tag or cc maintainers of that module.

If this not not implemented, looks like you would be a great person to
submit fix/improvement since you directly work with this. If it takes too
long to accept your PR, might be reasonable as a last resort to make a
fork, if you are willing to support it.

IMHO, deprecated modules in Go are rampant. Whenever I look, I see
partially implemented, archived, deprecated, updated years ago, modules. I
even have doubts about work which is happening on Go compiler itself. Not
sure what to do about it. Hope Go community and official Go maintainers are
aware of this and working to improve this.

- Nikolay