On 2/3/21 2:46 PM, David Riley wrote:
> I understand the need for the domain as part of the module namespacing, but
> it does make a certain assumption that all of these things are going to be on
> resolvable domains, which isn't true for everyone.

I have a resolvable domain and run a mail server with a lets encrypt certificate
but there are other issues.

Why would I trust DNS
Why would I setup letsencrypt
What if we have a minimal internet use developer machine policy

Replace isn't used by the masses and works ok but it isn't as well tested as
demonstrated by various gopls and other bugs. How do we know the issue we are
having with gopls is caused by being in a minority with replace or build tags.
Actually a giant package main is likely better tested.

It was said that replace probably should not be used in a daily workflow, yet
there are numerous issues stating to do so. It's possible that the main mistake
was in giving the stdlib special treatment! If Go needed to do something, likely
others will too.

I am currently looking into this proxy as Athens that uses Docker is likely not
cross platform because Docker is not cross platform. The docs like this thread
seem to assume people will use github!

"https://github.com/goproxy/goproxy";