One has to admit this is a bit of an unfortunate regression in the 'go get'
workflow.
Especially for 'vanity import' packages.

What's the repository holding the sources for e.g. 'golang.org/x/tools' or
'gioui.org' ?
It used to be really simple to fetch any 'go get'-import-able project.
Now, not so much.
Nothing unsurmountable, mind you, but still.

Just my 2 (euro) c.
-s