It sounds as if you might be running your "REST endpoint" program from an
interactive shell (i.e., a terminal) and sending SIGTERM by pressing
something like Ctrl-C. Interactive job control, which includes how signals
generated by a "terminal" are handled, is a complex topic. So we need to
know how you are sending SIGTERM to your process. Is it by something like
the `kill` command or syscall to a specific PID or by pressing keys on your
terminal to terminate the process?

--
Kurtis Rader