I have nothing useful to contribute to this discussion, however, I've been
doing this long enough to remember Jamie Zawinski's quote about regular
expressions :)

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use

https://blog.codinghorror.com/regular-expressions-now-you-have-two-problems/