On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 03:42:03 -0700 (PDT)
R Srinivasan <s...@srin.me> wrote:

> In my app, I would like to use golang for a data aggregator
> subsystem. Would like a fast and efficient way of sharing this data
> with a consumer subsystem developed in C++. (Both running in the same
> system).
>
> Solution I am pursuing is a shared memory but I am stuck at a
> somewhat platform independent way of controlling access to this
> shared memory. Semaphores, Mutexes that I search for in the go world
> lead to intra process examples.

You should not pursue that, it may be possible, but it will lead to
complicated code and hard-to-debug program.  My suggestion is put the
message bus/broker in between the producer (Go program) and consumer(s)
(C++), even thought both running in the same system.  It will ease
your mind, now and later.  My preference for message bus/broker is Nats
[1].

[1] https://nats.io