I just became aware of a security problem in the package
https://github.com/satori/go.uuid <https://github.com/satori> through this
reddit thread :
https://www.reddit.com/r/golang/comments/n6bnsh/cve20213538_issued_for_latest_release_of/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The issue for the security problem is here:
https://github.com/satori/go.uuid/issues/73
<https://github.com/satori/go.uuid/issues/73#issuecomment-833337384>

There is a CVE identifier for this security problem:
https://github.com/satori/go.uuid/issues/115
It is 3 years old and hasn't been resolved.

The problem is that the owner of the package has apparently vanished.

I report this problem here because this package is used by more than 20
thousand go packages or programs (e.g. gogs). (
https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/satori/go.uuid?tab=importedby)

Now that we have this fantastic functionality of modules, I would like to
know if we could imagine that the go tools would issue a warning if an
imported package has a security issue reported in CVE. I have seen that
there is a github tool to do that, but we don't get these notifications by
default.