(I think you pasted the wrong link - that is my code).

It is not about being unwilling to admit it. Your explanation/reasoning has not
convinced me.

Imagine some library declares the EventLogger interface as shown. Acceptable.
Someone writes the RecordEvents() method taking an EventLogger. Acceptable.

Now, I have a struct I want to use with as an EventLogger (badly named - really
EventSource). The code I wrote works fine. Test cases (of Log()) work fine. It
fails when used as a source to RecordEvents() (and similar held reference
patterns).

How do you protect against this? What is the mechanism as a library author?

Clearly this is a trivial example but similar patterns are everywhere.

Compare the Go interface handling with Java’s everything is a reference - much
simpler - and then adding value types that are explicit. Or a similar
implementation in Rust. In both cases knowing you wrote a correct
implementation is much easier. Java has since added annotations for aspects
like “thread safe” that cover the atomic aspects.

I like Go. A lot. I’ve designed and built systems with millions of LOC.
Pointing out aspects that might benefit from changes should be encouraged - if
not it’s a religion not a programming language.