Ok lazyreader (IRC) has discovered that the release has a  commit, relating
to a CVE on handler panics that we think is the reason for the release
(fixed my previously erroneous assertion of a single commit, and tidied up
the wording a little)

The changeset is
https://go-review.googlesource.com/c/go/+/338551/2/src/net/http/httputil/reverseproxy.go