On Thu, Aug 05, 2021 at 04:39:00PM -0700, Sean Liao wrote:

> This is intentional and sort of covered by the statement that no module is
> considered the main module (where replace directives and vendor dirs take
> effect)

I must admit that sentence regarding the main module has caught my attention
when I was reading that part of the docs but it looks like I have not paid
enough attention to the concept of a main module earlier in the manual.
To be honest, I do not remember I have even seen it, no idea why.

> https://github.com/golang/go/issues/40276 has some more context

Thanks for your explanations.

[...]