I implemented a simple web site with a csrf secure cookie that is reset for
each page showing a form. I assumed that simply setting the cookie with the
same name and a new value would override the cookie in the client browser.

This assumption is correct as long as the url of the page is the same. To
my surprise, when the url are different (same domain name), I end up with
two cookies with the same name. I saw this behavior with chromium and
firefox which can't be a coincidence. Note that I didn't specified the path
when setting the cookie. I assumed that that the path would be "/" by
default.

The result is that the client browser is sending two cookies with the same
name. Unfortunately, the standard lib returns only the first cookie. The
Query method returns an array of values in case of multiple occurrence of
the parameter name. It seam that the Cookie method should also return an
array of value since we can also get multiple cookies with a same name.