Well, I figured out a way to do it simply. The CL is here
https://go-review.googlesource.com/c/net/+/362834
<https://go-review.googlesource.com/c/net/+/362834>

The frame size will be used for all connections using that transport, so it is
probably better to create a transport specifically for the high-throughput
transfers.

You can also create perform single shot requests like:

if useH2C {
   rt = &http2.Transport{
      AllowHTTP: true,
      DialTLS: func(network, addr string, cfg *tls.Config) (net.Conn, error) {
         return dialer.Dial(network, addr)
      },
      MaxFrameSize: 1024*256,

var body io.ReadCloser = http.NoBody

req, err := http.NewRequestWithContext(ctx, "GET", url, body)
if err != nil {
   return err
}

resp, err := rt.RoundTrip(req)