Hi all

We have a go application that processes large numbers of documents.  It
behaves like it has a memory leak, eventually exhausting system ram after a
few hours.  I've setup pprof and looked at the various outputs, and that is
adamant that the application is only using some 50MB of ram, yet Linux top
reports it using much more (and growing).

I've tried setting madvdontneed to no avail.

Any help on better ways to identify the cause would be greatly appreciated.

best
Gareth