Insufficient information. You didn't tell us your OS. You didn't tell us
how you installed the Go toolchain. You didn't tell us how you are invoking
the Go command. Start by eliminating the "Visual Studio" IDE as a variable.
What happens if you open a terminal CLI and simply type "go version"?

--
Kurtis Rader