My own preference is to have a small number of methods and put the general
functionalities into functions. By putting the general functionalities into
functions, you allow code reuse. In object-oriented programming, you
normally attach as many functionalities as possible to their corresponding
types and achieve code reuse via inheritance. Since Go does not have
inheritance, you can achieve a similar effect with standalone functions.