On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 6:14:30 PM UTC-5 Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 3:49 PM arthurwil...@gmail.com
> <arthurwil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 10:35:04 PM UTC-5 Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> for debugging.
> >>
> >> You can just use
> >>
> >> go build -gcflags=all="-N -l"
> >>

> > That gives this error:
> > /Volumes/git/goroot/src (master)$ go build -gcflags=all="-N -l"
> > no Go files in /Volumes/git/goroot/src
>
> You have to run this wherever you are building your actual Go program.
>
> What I mean is, if you want to "go build x.go" and you want to build
> that with a standard library built for maximal debugging, then rn "go
> build -gcflags=all="-N -l" x.go". Any flags specified by
> -gcflags=all="FLAGS" will be used to build the standard library as
> well. You don't need to build the standard library separately.
>
> Ian

Thanks Ian. I cleaned the cache and mod cache and passed -x to see all the
commands run and noticed go build is not propagating the -N -l flags to the
compiler for a lot of the files.

Also noticed some extra compiler flags (-std, -+) that are not listed in
the compile command documentation <https://pkg.go.dev/cmd/compile>

What do these -std and -+ compiler flags do?

Why are some compilation commands missing -N -l?