On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 6:31 AM Lanzhiguan Huang
<huanglanzhig...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   In gc's implementation, the itab struct has an interface type and an object
> type field and a method table, while in the GoLLVM's implementation, the type
> descriptor was moved to the first field of the method table. I think they
> just maintain the same information but do not understand the purposes of the
> design. Currently the difference may cause incompatibility between the two
> compilers.

There is no safe way for Go code to ever see these structures, so the
difference should not matter to any ordinary Go programs.

At this point I don't think there is any deep reason for the slightly
different design.  Historically it was because the gc implementation
used a runtime cache, but these days the gofrontend implementation
used by GoLLVM also uses a runtime cache.

Ian