Back in June I asked why Go requires all the files in a package to be in
the same
directory. I learned that this is an implementation-specific decision. I
was also referred to

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45899203/can-i-develop-a-go-package-in-multiple-source-directories

which discusses this. Someone named "Volker" in this posting said

"Yes, this is doable without any problems, just invoke the Go compiler by
hand, that is not
via the go tool."

I'm wondering how to actually do this. Suppose I have a directory, which
contains several
subdirectories. There are .go files in all these directories that I'd like
to use to make a
single package. How could I invoke to Go compiler by hand to make this
happen?
(I've tried adding the "-x" flag to "go build" but I don't see which
arguments I'd need to
change to do what I'm trying to accomplish). Volker says "It's complicated".

Also, let's say I was able to figure this out. Would using such a package
confuse any of
the other commands in the Go tool chain or the dlv debugger?

Cordially,
Jon Forrest