BLUF: Is there any way to use the latest version of Go without Modules?
Some flag or environment setting where I can disable it?

I've been developing on Go since 2011, and I find Modules so frustrating!
Life was so much easier without Modules, I could download packages from a
git repo using go get, and they would be accessible in the go/src
directory. I could then easily run the examples code and make changes all
in a nice directory structure.  I don't care about what version the code is
at, which makes Modules pointless for the way that I develop.

With Modules, if I'm downloading a fork of a git repo, then it is so much
more time-consuming, especially if the 3rd party fork code has issues.

I could go back to an earlier version of the Go or I could switch to
another compiler like TinyGo.