Tbh I’m not sure but I am uncertain how you would get a system with 1000+
independent channels coalesced into a single channel - seems that would become
highly contended/bottleneck.  More importantly, I think the processing often
involves subsequent stages operating on a subset of the original channels based
on the earlier. If the channels were already merged into a heterogeneous queue
seems that would be more difficult.

Also, with descriptors/Go channels each can be independently buffered. Not
saying your C++ impl couldn’t allow similar behavior.