I have a routine that I want to test, that I have to pass a flag into this
test.  This is on Win10 using Go 1.20.4.  This code is here:
https://go.dev/play/p/p-YeGDk1KaM

I want to pass a flag I call dots into the test code for this function.  I
tried from within the correct directory

    go test --args -dots
or
    go test . --args -dots

Or from the top of my source tree where the go.mod file is :

    go test .\detox --args -dots
    go test .\detox\... --args -dots

I get an error message saying:

flag provided but not defined: -dots.

But that flag does show up when I run the program using the -h flag, and it
works when not in go test mode.
The full pgm is in the link above.

What am I missing?

--rob solomon

PS: a stackoverflow question that's similar to this, from 2014, does not
work for me.