Just for context, as not everyone seems to be aware: I was, in that
sentence you quoted, referring to examples like this
https://www.reddit.com/r/ModCoord/comments/14eq8ip/the_entire_rmildlyinteresting_mod_team_has_just/
This demonstrates that even with overwhelming support from the community
(and yes, in this example the modifier applies), the company overwrites
those wishes to shut down protest. There are a couple of other subreddits
with similar stories.

So I was making the case to *provide* overwhelming support for the mods of
/r/golang, referring to precedent of other subreddits where that is
happening. Not claiming that they already have it.