You are correct.  However, “gofmt .” recurses.  It turns out that they handle
it differently.

John

    John Souvestre    New Orleans LA, USA    504-454-0899

From: golang-nuts@googlegroups.com <golang-nuts@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Brian Candler
Sent: 2023-09-13, Wed 07:30
To: golang-nuts <golang-nuts@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [go-nuts] How ignore a subdirectory

I believe that "go fmt ." (note the space after "go") works on the current
package only.

On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 11:34:35 UTC+1 Jan Mercl wrote:

On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 12:25 PM John Souvestre <jo...@souvestre.com
<mailto:jo...@souvestre.com> > wrote:
> I did try that also.  I get this error message:
>
>     CreateFile *.go: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
> incorrect.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Windows and only TIL cmd.exe does not expand
globs. I suggest to install WSL and try something like

        C:\>bash -c 'gofmt *.go'

HTH

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/golang-nuts/cf14f4f9-14fa-495e-905e-d7a62d8c070dn%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/golang-nuts/cf14f4f9-14fa-495e-905e-d7a62d8c070dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>