Hello,

I'm trying to use the -X ldflag to set a string at compile time. I can do
this successfully if the string is in the main package but it does not work
if the string is in a subpackage.

For illustration purposes, I have prepared a simple test project

    https://github.com/JetSetIlly/ldflags_X_test

The build.sh file contains the build string. It contains one useful line,
which I'll repeat it here:

    go build -ldflags "-X 'main.A=foo' -X 'sub.B=bar'"

When built, the main function will print out the A string correctly but the
B string is unset.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards
Stephen