go run command-line-arguments

  -X definition
        add string value definition of the form importpath.name=value

I used to use this to override my variable values, in the form of

go run -ldflags="-X main.var1=val1 main.var2=val2"

Now, the new problem is that I need to have space in the string value
definition. How can I do that please?

I've tried both the following cases:

go run -ldflags="-X main.var1='val 1' main.var2=\"val 2\""

but neither is working.
Please help