On Sun, Dec 10, 2023 at 8:34 PM Jason E. Aten <j.e.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that the binary log was not growing, and its update timestamp was
> not changing.

I think the file was still growing as intended. It was only no more
associated with the _new_ entry/name in the directory. I'm pointing it
out because it means no data is being lost until the FD of the
no-more-linked file is closed.

IOW, I think observing the file "no more growing" and "its time stamp
not updating" is now observing a different file than the one you're
writing the log to. That also means os.Stat("some_name") cannot help.
The "truth" is available at (*os.File).Stat().

HTH

-j