I was able to make it work
(and no the server is healthy)

I am using legit (https://github.com/icyphox/legit) for my git frontend, it
is like cgit or stagit if you've those before. The default route for repo
page in legit is domain.extension/repository.git, but because running legit
is basically cloning it and running 'go build' I changed the code slightly
to check if there is no .git at end of url then instead of returning 404 it
should show code for webpage with the .git extension added.

This wouldn't be an issue if I was creating bare git repositories on server
without the .git in its name, but I switched from using gitolite to
soft-serve to handle users on the server.