I see this working for modules, but not major versions.

For example the whole github.com/golang/protobuf module is deprecated:

https://github.com/golang/protobuf/blob/75de7c059e36b64f01d0dd234ff2fff404ec3374/go.mod#L1

However, there are is no deprecation message for github.com/google/go-github
:

https://github.com/google/go-github/blob/b603120bf932e99e8cc0a9fab0693fa6b5f92c4d/go.mod

Is there any way for google/go-github add a deprecation message for their
v0/v1/.../v60 major versions?