Hello Riley!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Riley) wrote:

> This is my second golf, and I'm having a wonderful time
> reading all the unique solutions at work (thanks, Juho!)
>
> It is dissapointing, however, that I am having several
> issues (which I believe to be related to running ActivePerl
> on Windows 2000) in getting several solutions to execute
> (not to mention that my own solution which runs fine on
> my machine is rejected upon submitting it to terje2) ANY
> help or suggestions that anyone might have in relation to
> this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> For example, when running Juho's solution below, I don't
> know how to turn the raw bytes into characters that
> Windows Notepad can recognize. Trying to use the
> ALT+xxxx shortcut, I run into situations where instead of
> inserting a character, Windows asks me if I am sure I want
> to close Notepad, or, for example, Windows will delete the
> last character before the cursor.
>
> Any thoughts?

You may use another editor, or some small perl preprocessor
for your code, or something else.

> In addition, can anyone tell me why the code below was
> rejected?
> map{$i=0;y/ #
> /01/;map{$x[$i++].=$_}/(...)./g}<>;print
> map{index('\xf6\xde$\x92\xe7\xce\xe7\x9e\xb7\x92\xf3\x9e\xf3\xde\xe4\x92
> \xf7\xde\xf7\x9e',pack B16,$_)/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This code (modulo incorrect quoting and escaping) does not print
final newline "\n" for me.   Same with your other solutions.

They work if i add
   #!perl -l
as a shebang line.

How did you check/upload them?  Should we count your score as 108?

--
Mtv Europe