--- Andrew Savige <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm interested to learn the shortest Perl expression for each
> number -- but without using any numbers. Here's what I've come
> up with so far. Improvements welcome. Oh, and please feel free
> to extend the table below ($X[60] being especially juicy;-).
>
> BTW, $= is my favourite Perl built-in variable. What's yours?
>
> /-\
>
> $X[0]  = $%;
> $X[1]  = !$%;
> $X[2]  = $^F;
> $X[3]  = $^F+!$%;
> $X[4]  = $^F+$^F;
> $X[5]  = $^F+$^F+!$%;
> $X[6]  = $^F+$^F+$^F;
> $X[6]  = ($==~/./,$&);
> $X[7]  = $=>>$^F+!$%;
> $X[8]  = !$%.$%-$^F;
> $X[9]  = !$%.$%-!$%;
> $X[10] = !$%.$%;
           hex a;
> $X[11] = !$%.!$%;
> $X[11] = !$%x$^F;
           hex b;
> $X[12] = !$%.$^F;
           hex c;
> $X[13] = !$%.$^F+!$%;
           hex d;
> $X[14] = !$%.$^F+$^F;
           hex e;
           hex f;

60 is 3c in hex, and the way of generating 3 isn't too short, so I doubt
that route is quickest.

Phil

=====
When inserting a CD, hold down shift to stop the AutoRun feature
In the Device Manager, disable the SbcpHid device.
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~jhalderm/cd3/