Johnson, Roy R SIEP wrote:
It struck me as a good idea that the minimum score should float,
instead of being a constant 5. I suggest 100/number of participants.
The idea is that in a contest where very few accomplish a working
solution, being one of those people is worth more than one where
everybody can solve it. Yes? No?

...and this has nothing -- nothing, I tell ya! -- to do with the fact
that I'm the bottom score on Mastermind

...though I'd sure like to see some people below me, there.

Roy

There you go.  I bumped you out of last place.  8^)
Hopefully I'll have time to improve upon my somewhat naive algorithm
and catch up.  I was just happy to have something actually work
since I am out of practice.
--
"Believe nothing, O monks, merely because you have been told it ...  or because